BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Confession......

I must confess coffee is my new obsession. I have always liked coffee, but I have never had to have it on a daily basis until recently. I guess having a baby that is teething and wakes up in the middle of the night in pain and having to get up at 4:30 a.m. to go to work the next day will do that to you. I used to drink coffee just when I would go to Starbucks or some specialty place of the sort, but now I am keeping it stocked in my cabinet like it is going out of style. Turning on the coffee pot is the first thing I do in the mornings now, or when I get to work, I visit the coffee pot first thing. I just like a little bit of flavored creamer in it and nothing else. Just enough to make it sweet but still have a strong taste to it. Not only am I obsessed with this beverage, but it is a necessity as well. My body is so used to having it every morning that I almost fear not to have it because I might have a bad day or get a headache or something. I can see withdrawals happening in the near future if I ever decide to fast caffeine. I know my friend Ashley and some others in the blog world are avid coffee drinkers as well, and when they would talk about being dependent on their morning coffee, I would think to myself, "that is so crazy!" I now completely understand, Ashley, and you are no longer crazy (in a good way)...lol! I also read a blog where my friend Samantha wrote a personal note to her coffee maker when it died. I completely understand this note now too. I think I would have to do the same thing if my coffee maker ever died. I do ask my coffee maker not to die until my baby has at least made it to the two year mark when I am hopefully getting more sound sleep. Until next time, cheers to all you coffee drinkers!!!

2 comments:

Ashley Davis said...

i always tell jack that mommy needs her sippy cup, which is my travel mug!! haha

the smiths said...

Ha! Coffee is a really good thing for mommies!!!