BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Is Enough Not Enough?.....

So I read somewhere on the internet today that Michelle Duggar from "19 Kids and Counting" is still planning on having more children if the Lord allows them to do so. I would tell you where I read this, but I do not remember quite how I got there. You know how you click around a bunch of times and can't seem to remember how many times you clicked or where you clicked. Anyways, some of you may know Michelle went into pre-term labor at about 24 weeks on December 10, 2009. She was having some gallbladder pain and thought she was going in just to have some gallstones removed. Well her blood pressure got really elevated to the point of stroke level, and they decided to do an emergency c-section to get the baby out. She gave birth to her daughter Josie Brooklyn Duggar weighing in at 1 lb. 6 oz. She is still battling for her life as we speak.

After reading that she and Jim Bob (her husband) were still wanting to have more children if the Lord permits them too, I immediately started forming an opinion. All my readers out there know how opinionated I am....hehe! Now, I know it is not my business, but I don't quite understand why you would even ponder having another baby at this point. I mean Michelle is along in her years as far as child bearing is concerned. I am not sure if the reasoning behind her blood pressure shooting up was due to her age, but it seems logical at this point that that may be the case. Josie is clearly going to have to be worked with one on one for a long time or possibly her whole life due to her under development and low birth weight. I just feel like there comes a point in time when you have to say, "We are not going to put myself or another baby in danger again". Michelle was at risk too during this emergency delivery. I know they have had 18 children that are perfectly healthy, and the Lord could very well heal Josie completely and even give them more healthy children. But could the Lord also have allowed this to happen to Josie to show them that it is time to call a quits? I understand they are looking at it from a point of view, "That God will not give us anymore children if He does not want us to have anymore". I totally agree with this statement, however, you are continuing to put yourself and possibly more children in danger by not preventing. I have not come to a conclusion of how I feel about this because I see their reasoning, but at the same time, I also know that the children they do have need their mother. I love watching the show because I am extremely intrigued of how they manage from day to day with 20 plus people in one house. But more so than that, I appreciate their Christian morals and values and how they have made them very known to the public. Some things I think they have taken to the extreme as far as morals and values are concerned like having long hair and wearing skirts all the time. But I am in agreeance on the Christian conservative values. I just think it is now time to just raise the children you do have and live a healthy, happy lifestyle.

0 comments: