BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 1, 2010

I'm Dreaming of a Smokey Mountain Christmas....

Yes, we are going to Gatlinburg!! Jordan and I have just planned our family vacation this year. I know most people plan a summer vacation to the beach, but Jordan and I decided the beach would not be too fun this year with Hannah being at the most 8 months old. I would have to constantly be washing sand out of her mouth because the moment she has a hold of anything these days, it goes straight to the mouth. She wouldn't be able to walk yet, and let's face it sand is hard to walk in anyway as an adult much less being an infant. We figured she would have a much more fun time at the mountains around Christmas time because she will be walking by then, she will be 14 months old, and hopefully be eating some table food! December is a big month in the Bankston house due to our wedding anniversary being the 15th, Christmas is the 25th, and my birthday is the 31st so we just decided to do one big blowout of all those gift giving days. Of course, Hannah will still get individual presents from us on Christmas, but Jordan and I have decided to forgo the big Christmas gifts to each other and do the vacation instead.

I guess it's kind of bad that we are taking our baby on our anniversary trip, but we really want to get away as a family and go on our first family vacation together. Now that I think about it, it is kind of funny that we are taking Hannah on our anniversary trip! Of course, when I go to the mountains at Christmas time, I have to visit the Dixie Stampede, and I know Hannah will enjoy that! She already likes horses so much now! I guess next year will be her big first beach trip!

2 comments:

the smiths said...

how fun!!

Anonymous said...

I'm dreaming of a Smokey Mountain Christmas too! It is funny that you are taking her but we had Cayden spend our anniversary evening with us. Just make time for each other once she's asleep! wink, wink! :)