BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wedding Shower Weekend Fun.....

Okay, so as I was saying in my last post, we had a busy weekend of wedding showers for my sister Kelsey who is getting married on April 24th. The first shower was held at her future mother-in-laws house. This one was a rather fun event because I did not have to do one thing in it except enjoy the wonderful food and games!

Then, of course, came the lingerie shower that I threw Kelsey. Since I am the MOH (maid of honor for those who did not know), I was in charge of basically everything. Throwing a party on top of working full time, being a full time mommy the rest of the time, and pulling off a wedding of the century is pretty tough to do all at the same time. Needless to say, I am exhausted, but I am having fun re-living wedding things all over again! I am excited about doing the things I would have done or changed about my wedding. But I never knew how much work went in to being an MOH. Honestly, I probably bring most of the work upon myself. I know my wedding coordinator for my wedding (AKA: Ashley Davis) would say so. I just have a hard time letting people do things. My personality comes with the mentality of "If I don't do it, it won't get done right or it won't get done on time, etc". Sorry Ashley. You did so well putting up with me that day, seriously. I tell myself constantly that I just need to let go and let people take certain responsibilities from me, and they will all work themselves out. I am asking God for more of a "care-free personality" just until the wedding is over. I think I am going to kill myself in the process of all the chaos, but my family is doing a good job of handling me (family being: my husband, Hannah, my mom, and sisters). Thank you too for putting up with me, and it is not even my wedding! I promise I will be back to my normal self after the event is over! I have some pictures posted of the showers for you to enjoy.


Me and Hannah at Kelsey's first bridal shower


Kelsey opening her gift from Jordan, Hannah, and I


The yummy food at the lingerie shower.


My lovely sisters at the lingerie shower! Thank you Keli so much for all your help!

0 comments: