BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Getting Organzied in the Kitchen....

Me and Keli (my OCD sister....haha)


So I am currently working on getting organized in my kitchen with my recipes. I love to cook, and I know you are going to find this hard to believe, but I really do cook every night with the exception of Fridays and Sundays. Jordan made it very clear to me when we got married that he hates eating out and likes to eat at home. Knowing all of this, we worked out a deal that I would be in the kitchen 5 nights a week, and we would eat out the other 2 nights. I personally don’t mind being in the kitchen cooking after coming home from work, but when Friday gets here, I am officially sick of being in the kitchen and cooking and want to be taken out. You might be asking the question of why Jordan doesn’t help me out and cook for me? You see, we tried that. Jordan did try to cook for me shortly after we were married. Unfortunately, my husband is a terrible cook, and he is a terrible cleaner upper too. I know he does not mind me blogging this because he would tell you openly if he could. Anyways, I have asked him to stay out of the kitchen and please do not clean up whatsoever…haha!! Besides the fact, that the kitchen is my domain anyway, and a place where Jordan can find me, but I want to be in there doing things myself. Another good thing about this is I get full credit after the meal and lots of thank yous:) Okay I did not mean to get on a rabbit trail. I am trying to get organized as far as my recipes are concerned. Right now, my recipes (the so called “family recipes”) are written on notebook paper and stuck in a cabinet which is hard for me to find a specific recipe, but now I have accumulated so many that I have to thumb through them every time I would like to use one of them. I recently went to my sister’s house and saw that she has a binder with all her recipes nicely typed and color coded. I decided that I was not going to be that OCD, but I was perfectly capable of typing my recipes and putting them in a binder. The color coding was a little much for me. I figured instead of throwing the recipes in a cabinet, I could pull out my beautiful binder, and it would create cabinet space for me. Okay, I might get a little OCD and buy the transparent paper protectors or pockets whichever you like to call them. Anyways, I don’t want you to get too excited for me. After all, this is a slow process due to the fact that there are so many recipes, and I do have a life outside of getting organized. Okay I am done explaining my process however, I would like to thank my sister Keli for her great example and influence and now my life will be much more consumed with busy work:)



2 comments:

Mae said...

i feel like a bad wife...i can't tell you the last time I cooked every night of the week!!

Ashley Davis said...

i LOVE cooking! I've typed out most of my recipes too, but they're still on the computer, not printed out yet.